Do you find private health insurance baffling?
If so, you are not alone.
I mean, do we really need it? And if so, where do we start? There are soooo many different options in terms of what to get covered for and who to get a policy with. The huge range of choice actually makes it all inordinately confusing.
But fear not …
In this podcast I chat to an absolute pro, this being Paul Pfitzner, who leads the Private Health Insurance Ombudsman and the brilliant PrivateHealth.gov.au website. How good is that? It means this podcast is packed full of completely non-bias advice around this tricky topic.
Honestly, take just 30 minutes to listen and you’ll know what to do and where to go for the right private health insurance for your single parent family.
Choosing the right private health insurance for your single parent family
In this podcast Paul and I discuss the following issues (and more):
- How private health insurance works and what is covered
- What happens when you separate and whether your current policy will still be valid
- What to consider when choosing the right health insurance
- A bit about PrivateHealth.gov.au and how it is the only place to compare without the sale
- What government incentives and surcharges apply to private health insurance
- What is Lifetime Health Cover (LHC) and how it works
- Where to go for help if you have a problem with your private health insurance