It is an unfortunate fact that more and more children are dealing with stress on a daily basis. In turn, this is pretty stressful for us parents!
Knowing how to help our little ones to cope with stress and anxiety is key. So, on this podcast we are discussing simple stress management tips to teach your kids.
Once again, I have come up trumps with my guest, and have great pleasure in chatting to Dr Louise Metcalf who has been a psychologist for the past 30 years, supporting adults, kids and families to take care of their mental health. AND, she has also created a super-cute app called Gheorg (pronounced George) … a robot friend so kids always have someone to support them in between therapy sessions. Brilliant!
Take a listen and learn the why’s, whats and how to’s, so your child can navigate the world in a calm, composed and happy manner.
Simple stress management tips to teach your kids
Our helpful chat includes:
- Why it’s so important for the gorgeous little people in our worlds to understand their emotions and take care of their mental health
- The benefits of the much undervalued and underrated activity of breathing
- The advantages of getting kids to talk and who they can talk to
- Different kinds of stress relieving resources that can work for kids
- How to help kids manage overwhelm as part of a normal day
- How the Gheorg app can play a positive part in helping your child develop resilience and manage stress