There are many different ways to parent after separation, including 50/50 co-parenting. But what actually is it? How can it work? And why does it cause so many complications?
In this information-packed podcast, I chat to Melinda Nutting and Tania Fitzpatrick from Step By Step Support to unpack what 50/50 co-parenting actually means. We focus on a ‘child inclusive’ approach to co-parenting, which puts kids first and provides a cheaper and less stressful alternative to lawyers.
Our chat includes but is not limited to:
- Understanding the difference between co-parenting and parallel parenting
- Bird nesting – what it is and how it can work for children of separation
- The grey areas of finance when 50/50 co-parenting
- Why Child Support and co-parenting are not always a good mix
- Mistakes you can make when co-parenting and how to avoid/overcome them
- How to role model a healthy co-parenting relationship to your children
- The benefits of 50/50 co-parenting for everyone in the family
- How to arrange a free 45-minute chat with Melinda or Tania regarding parenting and/or communication after separation.