It’s a scary word for some which provokes visions of complex spreadsheets and blurs of daunting figures.
If this is you … then STOP. RIGHT. THERE.
Budgeting can be easy, enlightening and in some cases even (I’m gonna say it) … fun. You just need to know how to do and the huge benefits it can have on your financial world.
To help us “get” this budgeting malarky once and for all, I chat to none other than Laura Higgins from the brilliant MoneySmart website.
Laura leads ASIC’s Financial Capability team responsible for Australia’s National Financial Capability Strategy, fostering collaboration across the government, business, community, education and research sectors to empower Australians to be in control of their financial lives.
We simply couldn’t be in better hands.
Single mum budgeting: Why, how and the tools to use
Listen to Laura and I talk about:
- What a personal budget actually is
- The importance of budgeting and tracking your spending
- How to simplify the process of budgeting and make it less overwhelming
- The brilliant tools available to help you to budget
- Top tips to save money if your expenses are too high
- How to ensure your money is working for you
- Dealing with debt through the National Debt Helpline
- Further support and advice if you are experiencing financial hardship