The easiest way to give your child a head start in reading.
Do you have a pre-school child who you would like to introduce to the wonderful world of reading … and perhaps even give them a head start for school?
In our crazy digital-age it can be hard to instil a love of reading in our little ones, which is desperately sad as reading is one of the BEST THINGS EVER.
But there is a way.
In this podcast I have the absolute pleasure of chatting to Sara Leman, who is a co-author of Reading Eggs.
Reading Eggs (if you’ve not discovered it yet) is AWESOME. It is a multi-award-winning, online reading program designed to make learning to read easy and fun for children aged 2-13. And it currently has over 10 million users worldwide in over 179 countries!
I am particularly passionate in this chat since Reading Eggs was an essential tool in teaching my girls to read, and even as teenagers, they remember it as a cherished part of their childhood.
The easiest way to give your child a head start in reading
In this podcast Sara and I discuss:
- What the prerequisites for starting school actually are (you may be surprised)
- Brilliant pre-school literacy activities that are heaps of fun
- The habits/routines we can create to foster good reading habits at home
- The benefits from reading aloud with our kids – whatever their age!
- Why Reading Eggs is so engaging for kids and successful in helping them learn
- The ‘set and forget’ nature of Reading Eggs which makes it brilliant for busy mums
- Where to get a free trial, yay
Listen here …