Are you a mother to a beautiful boy?
For all the heavenly moments when they are little, guiding son’s through their pre-teens and teenage years is notoriously difficult – even scary.
Don’t panic though as in this podcast I talk to one of Australia’s favourite parenting authors and educators, Maggie Dent … also know as the “queen of common sense”!
Maggie is a mother to four, yes FOUR, sons and the author of seven major books, including the bestselling Mothering Our Boys and her brand new release From Boys to Men: Guiding teen boys to grow into healthy, happy men.
What Maggie doesn’t know about raising sons, ain’t worth knowing!
(And a side note: I’ve been desperate to chat to Maggie for ages so, yeah, was a little star struck in this chat.)
Guiding teenage boys to grow into healthy, happy men
Amongst other things, Maggie and I discuss:
- The inner workings of the mind and body of teenage boys and how knowing this can seriously help
- Tips for chatting to your teenage boy that will keep the peace and defuse conflict
- How to “unstick” your unmotivated son
- The importance of healthy role models and what to do if dad is not present or setting a good example
- Maggie’s thoughts on how technology can affect your teen boy and key points to deal with it
Listen here …