Recovering from any breakup is difficult, but it can be harder still if you have been in a narcissistic relationship.
And nobody knows this better than Megan Holgate, who has not only experienced the destructiveness of being with and breaking up with a narcissist, but is now a Divorce and Narcissist Recovery Coach.
For those who have experienced a true narcissist, you will know that extricating yourself from the relationship can be one of the hardest things of all. You can feel broken, crazy and emotionally drained. But you can regain your power and your inner-strength as well as protecting your financial future, and most importantly, your children.
In this podcast we chat about:
- The true traits of a narcissist and how these traits affect a relationship
- The first steps to recovery being understanding and acceptance, and how to reach them
- How to deal with difficult emotions, including loathing and shame
- How to support our children who may also be experiencing control issues with our ex partner
- Tips to break the cycle and ensure we don’t attract another similar relationship