Not all relationships are right for us. Or perhaps they were once right, but have run their course, and no longer are. There are many reasons why we stay in a wrong relationship. And these reasons can make it hard to end it.
Sound familiar? If so, this podcast is well-worth the 30 minute listen.
I chat to my favourite Relationship Expert, Leah Sheppard from Honour Your Breakup. Leah, also known as ‘The Breakup Boss’, has developed a 7-step methodology for positive relationship recovery, and now writes, speaks and teaches on all things breakup, helping women around the world to use their heartbreak to unlock their own strength, power and beauty.
We chat about how to leave a relationship that is no longer serving you, including:
- The warning signs that we are in the wrong relationship
- Why so many of us stay in relationships that are unhealthy and not right for us
- How to get into the right headspace to finish your relationship
- Tips to recover from the ‘fallout’ of ending it (even if it wasn’t right, it’s still sad)
- The biology around your breakup i.e. why you feel like you do
- Leah’s brilliant ‘Breakup Boss’ playlist to make you feel strong, empowered and that you’ve got this!
- Whether dating is a good idea following your breakup and what you can do instead