Is is very normal to feel down at some point on your single mother journey. Whether it is whilst navigating the initial break-up or once you have adjusted, no one would blame you for feeling low, lonely, overwhelmed or possibly even depressed.
The most important thing to know it that there is help out there. And one of the most brilliant free resources we have here in Australia is Lifeline.
In this podcast I chat to Lifeline’s Executive Director of Operations (Crisis Support), Rachel Bowes, about how mental health can affect you and what you can do to stay mentally healthy. With 22 years experience in the mental health field, Rachel is the perfect person to share the Lifeline belief that no one should have to face their darkest moments alone.
This chat includes, but is not limited to:
- Loneliness: What can you do to prevent it and how to deal with it
- How to ease the pressure of overwhelm
- Catastrophising: Why you do it and how to stop it
- The red flags of depression and how to take proactive action against it
- The positive and negative impact of social media on mental health
- How to know when to ask for help
- Where to ask for help and other wonderful resources
Listen here …