First dates. They can be painfully embarrassing or the start of something beautiful. You’ve made it through the dating app stage and now it’s time for the real thing. If you’re game enough to give it a go, make sure you’re prepared as we all know how embarrassing it is to be tongued-tied on a date. Here are our first date questions to fill the awkward silences and to find out as much as you can about your date in the time it takes to swig your coffee.
55 FIRST DATE QUESTIONS TO BREAK THE ICE
GET THE CONVERSATION STARTED ON YOUR DATE
- Where is your favourite place in the world?
- Fish and chips on the beach or dinner in a posh restaurant?
- Describe your perfect day-off work?
- If you found $100, what would you do with it?
- Would you rather: Find true love or be a millionaire?
- If you had one super power what would it be?
- Are you an indoor or outdoor person?
- How would you describe yourself in three words?
- Cats or dogs? Introvert or extrovert? Tea or coffee?
- What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?
- Were you nervous about our date?
FLIRTY QUESTIONS IF YOU THINK YOU LIKE HIM
- What’s your favourite cuddle position?
- What are your biggest deal breakers?
- How would you react if I told you that I like you?
- How would you react if I kissed you right now?
- Would you kiss a girl on a first date?
- Who should make the first move in a relationship?
- Do you prefer a hot shower or a bubble bath?
- What do you like for breakfast, just asking?
- What do you wear in bed?
- Do you have any tattoos?
- Can I get you another drink?
FIRST DATE QUESTIONS TO DIG A LITTLE DEEPER
- Who is the biggest influence in your life?
- What are you obsessed with?
- What are you known for amongst your friends?
- If you had the power to change one thing in the world what would it be?
- What’s your biggest fear?
- What one thing gives you butterflies?
- Who is your best friend and how long have you known him/her?
- Do like to work as part of a team or on your own?
- What are your most important values that you live your life by?
- Do you like confrontation, or avoid it at all costs?
- Are you a spender or saver?
OUR FINAL FIRST DATE QUESTIONS FOR YOU
COMPLETELY RANDOM FIRST DATE QUESTIONS
- Do believe in life after death?
- If you had to give up one of your senses what would it be?
- Would you rather go up in a hot air balloon or do a skydive?
- Do you want to live to 100?
- Would you rather spend time with friends or family?
- Do you prefer imagination or reality?
- Do you ignore reviews or live your life by them?
- If your house was on fire and you could save one thing, what would it be?
- What’s your favourite ice cream flavour?
- If you had one hour left to live what would you do?
- What century do you wish you lived in?
- Shall we have an arm wrestle?!
So you’ve used your best questions, but there’s just no spark? Here’s how to say thank you but no thank you: How to dump a guy nicely after the first date.