Do you feel content? What is contentment? Would you like to be a more content single mum?
The adjective for being content is ‘in a state of peaceful happiness.’ Sounds blissful doesn’t it? It’s something we really want and spend a lot of time searching for.
Yet contentment comes from within. It is a personal thing. And is different to everyone. You may be content with a peaceful evening to yourself, or content cheering on your kids on the side of a sports field. Two completely different activities, both happy and fulfilling to the right person.
20 Ways to be a more content single mum
- Let go of the need to be a perfect single mum (there’s no such thing)
- BE with your children with no other distractions
- Listen to feel-good music (preferably loudly … and dance)
- Live your dreams by working towards your goals
Stockist: Notrella Design
More ways to find contentment as a single mother
Our final ways to find contentment in your world
- Don’t compare yourself to others or worry what people think (read The Subtle Art Of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson)
- Feel happy you’re a single mum
- Exercise as regularly as you can doing something you ENJOY
- Watch TV that makes you laugh
- Catch up regularly with good friends and close family
- Get your financial situation in order so you worry less about it (read the Barefoot Investor by Scott Pape)
OK, just a few more ideas for you
- Smile more (it’s scientifically proven to make you feel better)
- Don’t look back in anger, instead look forward with positivity
- Ditch the guilt (guilt is typical of mums and it’s a completely wasted emotion)
- Reflect at the end of each day and give yourself a pat on the back
- Boost your energy so you feel like you can take on the world