Parenting can be hard. Parenting children of divorce harder still. Often the behaviour that your child displays could be related to your separation .. and their own unique way of telling you how they feel.
Of course, we want to give them space, yet at the same time we need to give them consistency, empathy and understanding. A challenge indeed!
In this podcast I chat to Elizabeth Williamson, from Elizabeth Williamson Solutions about how to deal with children’s behaviour .. not only during the separation period, but as they growth and change.
Elizabeth has over 30 years’ experience working as a relationship counsellor and coach, and is a conflict skills specialist. She is also a Accredited Mental Health Social Worker and a Mediator. So you are in safe hands to get brilliant, expert advice right here in this podcast.
Amongst other issues we discuss:
- How common it is for a child’s behaviour to change if their family break-ups
- What kind of behaviour you may expect at this time, and in future years
- Reasons why children ‘act out’ or behave in a difficult manner
- Top tips to prevent and cope with difficult behaviour
- Red flags that suggest your child is really suffering and you may need to take further action
- Where to find further support should you need it
Listen here …