It is a myth that you need to hire lawyers to separate and divorce.
Property settlement is essentially a financial exercise that a lot of separating couples can work through together with the support of an expert. Which is where Belinda from Divide comes in.
Belinda works with separating couples throughout Australia to help you financially separate and have your orders approved by the family court, without using lawyers. The end result is a more amicable split which will encourage a healthier co-parenting relationship and leave more money for you both to begin your new lives.
Not only this, Belinda is a whizz at tax and super in a financial split so her advice will pay-off now and way into the future. Or, to put it another way, nothing will come back and bite you on the bum further down the track.
Sounds good? Find out more in this podcast.
Why separating without lawyers is definitely a thing
Listen to Belinda and I discuss:
- Which kind of cases would or would not require the services of a family lawyer
- Options available to separating couples if they don’t want to hire lawyers
- The benefits of choosing the “no lawyer” pathway (there are heaps!)
- The importance of factoring super and tax into a property settlement (and what can happen if you don’t)
- Ways to keep your separation amicable so you can “make it through” without lawyers
LISTEN HERE …