Lockdowns are becoming part and parcel of daily life here in Australia, but they certainly don’t get easier, especially if you are losing work each time.
On this podcast, I chat to Hank Jongen, General Manager of Services Australia, who are doing a heroic job of getting covid disaster payments out to those in need, when they need it.
This factual chat will put you on the right path to get support whether you’re in lockdown or isolation, and losing money (or your mind) as a result of it.
Everything you need to know about covid disaster payments
- How eligibility works (hint: it’s done by hours not dollars)
- How to make a claim for a disaster payment
- The estimated wait time for financial assistance
- Moving forward as lockdowns continue, how and when to re-claim
- What to do if you are self-employed or a sole trader
- How these payment work in terms of tax and income support purposes
- More support services available, over and above the disaster payment