It’s that time of year again … tax time!
Except 2020 is a year like no other due to the Coronavirus pandemic and everything seems just a bit more complicated.
For this reason, I chat with Karen Foat, an Assistant Commissioner at the ATO to help demystify your tax return and help you with what you need to know to complete it.
This is such handy listen ladies. You’ll find out heaps of stuff you need to know and simple tips to make it all soooo much easier.
Helpful tips to complete your tax return in 2020
Listen to Karen and I discuss:
- How to know if you need to lodge a tax return
- The options this year for people needing to lodge a tax return
- Whether or not to use a tax agent
- The tax implications for people who have received JobSeeker or JobKeeper payments
- What you need to know if you have been working from home
- How Services Australia balancing works with your tax return and what you need to do
- Specific advice for single parents if you separated in the last financial year
Listen here …