Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    • #66258 Reply

      Hi moms,

      I am a stay at home mom with 2 kids under 5 years old. It’s been one year since I’m a stay at home mom.
      And I just don’t know where to start. Because I don’t have a job (I’m looking) I feel like I have to stay because I’m not financially prepared to leave (very sad)
      He says he will help me in the future with rent money etc…
      so my question is… what should I do now because we barely talk and the relationship looks like over en I’m ok with that now.

    • #66264 Reply
      Lucy GoodLucy Good

      Where are you?

      In Australia, you notify Centrelink and will receive benefits to support you, including rent assistance. Plus, you register with Child Support to ensure that your ex pays you maintenance for the kids – depending on the care arrangement and both your incomes.

    • #66268 Reply
      Lucy GoodLucy Good

      Lots of us felt this way and thought that we couldn’t afford to leave but if your relationship is that bad you will find a way. There is government support as mentioned above, plus when you do your property settlement you should receive a lump sum with which to begin your new life. As a stay at home mum your contributions have dollar value in a split. Go see a lawyer.

    • #66271 Reply
      Lucy GoodLucy Good

      Do your homework. No one should have to stay in a relationship for financial reasons. I am guessing from your spelling of ‘mom’ that you are in the states. See what your rights are as single parent and find out what support you can get.

    • #66286 Reply
      Lucy GoodLucy Good

      Completely agree with other comment. There are ways to leave. It’s not about your partner generously sayin he will assist with your rent. He will have a moral and legal obligation to continue to support you and his kids.

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: Separation
Your information:

Please enter your name

Please enter your email

Please enter a valid email address

Please enter description